Our tropical climate is known for its warm weather, and there are plenty of ways to cool down when our island gets hot. A favorite pastime, particularly for kids and teens, is to head to Kool Runnings Water Park. As Jamaica’s largest water park, it provides countless hours of fun! Start planning your island getaway when you access our complimentary Vacation Guide.
About Kool Runnings Water Park
You can easily spend an entire day at Kool Runnings Water Park. Not only are there waterslides and lazy rivers, you can also challenge your friends to other activities like go-karting and paintball. Whether you’re staying at Skylark Negril Beach Resort with a group or with your sweetheart, you’ll have a blast splashing around the park.
The Water Park
Kool Runnings Water Park is filled with exhilarating water slides, splash pools, and even a leisure river. There are seven main slides in total, and each will get your adrenaline pumping! Will you seek some thrills on the windy Kick Puppalick (that’s Jamaican for somersault, but we also call this slide the toilet bowl), take the straight shot down from the 40-foot tower on the Duppy Conqueror, or take it slow on the Red Snapper? Go from slide to slide before relaxing on the leisure river. Link up with your friends as you float the day away. If you have little ones with you, there is also a section of the park dedicated to children.
The Adventure Zone
After you splash around, head to The Adventure Zone for even more fun. Here, you can participate in everything from bamboo rafting to go-karting. They even have a human gyroscope that takes you on the same heart-pumping gyrations that astronauts experience in space!
Know Before You Go
There are a few things you need to know before heading to Kool Runnings Water Park:
- Make sure you bring your own towel. Towels are not provided, but you can purchase one at the Kool Tings Gift Shop.
- Appropriate swimwear must be worn to the park. You can’t wear any cotton, shorts, or clothing with zippers and buckles for your own safety.
- Life vests are provided for guests that would like to use them on the lazy river. The park asks that you do not bring your own.
- Don’t worry, you won’t go hungry! There are a variety of food and beverage choices found throughout the park.
- Lockers are available to keep your belongings in. You can rent a locker for $3.00 plus a $5.00 refundable deposit upon the return of the key at the gift shop.
Book Your Getaway Today
Situated directly on the white sands of Seven Mile Beach, Skylark Negril Beach Resort has everything you need for the ultimate Jamaican getaway. Whether you’re spending the day at Kool Runnings Water Park or our onsite spa, you’ll love coming back and unwinding at our resort. Browse our accommodations to decide which is the best for you, then book your stay. We look forward to seeing you on the island!